Need to connect to the internet at home but don’t have a device or WiFi?
We can help with that!
Our Connectivity Kits include a Chromebook, hotspot, and charging cables, all in a convenient carrying case.
Are you a local senior? We have a Connectivity Kit built just for you. Click here to learn more!
Borrowing Guidelines (Need a Card?)
- Adults 18 and older may check out a kit for 21 days (3 weeks) with no renewal.
- Patrons cannot borrow a connectivity kit until six months after the issuance of the library card. During that period, the patron must have used the card and any charges for lost items or fines must have been promptly resolved.
- Only one Connectivity Kit per person, per household can be checked out at a time.
- Kits must be returned to library staff directly and may not be returned to the book drop.
- All equipment must be returned in the same condition as when it was borrowed. Users may not add or remove apps, download any programs, or change the configuration of the equipment in any way.
- If items are lost, stolen, or damaged, the borrower will be responsible for replacement costs.
- The Blanchard Community Library is not responsible for any loss or damage to patrons’ data or media.
- No data may be saved to the hard drive of any library laptop; documents saved to the hard drives of library computers will be automatically be deleted when the computer is shut down or returned.
- Staff may assist with basic computer usage questions but are not available for training; users are expected to have a working knowledge of computers and programs.
Kit Contents & Fees
Borrowing and using our Connectivity Kits is FREE. However, if one of the components is lost or damaged, replacement fees will charged to your account. Fees for unreturned parts of the Connectivity Kit are:
- Acer Chromebook Enterprise Spin 513 — $550
- Acer Chromebook charger — $30
- Franklin T9 Mobile Hotspot — $100
- Hostpot charger — $15
- Carrying Case — $40
- Kensington Headset — $30
- Verbatim corded mouse — $10
- Connectivity Kit (total) — $775
There is a $5.00 per day overdue charge for Connectivity Kits. Additionally, if the kit is not returned within 5 days of the due date, it will be considered LOST and the borrowing patron will be responsible for the full cost of the Connectivity Kit. Items returned after being considered lost will be subject to a non-refundable reactivation fee.